Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Amador/Calaveras County specializes in water and fire damage restoration and cleanup and is ready to service your home when flooding or water leaks cause water damage. We also serve the communities of Tuoumne County, Lockeford, Riverbank, Oakdale, and Woodbridge, CA. We quickly dry your property using state-of-the-art water removal equipment and advanced drying techniques, documenting the drying process to make sure your property is dry and the job is done right. If you find your home or business flooded call us at 209-912-9205 24 hours a day, we're ready to make it "Like it never even happened."
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (209) 912-9205
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.